Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What a Lovely Day!

Goodbye summer!
Hello 2nd grade round 2! Mason has been soooo good about me deciding to hold him back. It was a hard decision. One that I thought about after kindergarten, and 1st grade. His teachers just kept saying Mason is so smart don't hold him back. I know he is smart. His IQ is in the 99th percentile but it wasn't showing in his work. He has struggled every year. So I went against the teachers advice and made a MOM decision to hold him back. He used to be the youngest in his class now he will be the oldest. He was one of the tallest kids in his class last year, so I hope he doesn't stick out too much this year. I love you Mason. I hope you have a great day and make lots of new friends!





These 2 will be in the same preschool class starting in a couple of weeks. We are all very excited! Bless their teacher. They better behave themselves!


4 comments:

Becca said...

I was held back in 2nd grade too. It didn't affect me till all you guys graduated and I still had one year left. But that was my fault for not making friends in my grade. He'll be great!!

Staci said...

Yay for kids in school and some time to yourself! I'm excited for you and look forward to that...10 years from now!

Come on over whenever you are so bored with no kids at home:) haha. I'm doubting you will get bored!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Julie and Rob, I just found your blog from my SIL's blog...you have an adorable family!! ps-I am still laughing about that "JO JO" picture! :0) Love it!!

Tawni said...

Kay, glad to hear of another mom that held their kid back. I felt like I was the only one. I held Hunter back so he is doing kindergarten for the 2nd time and it was very hard for me to make that decision. He is completely fine with it, but I am having the hard time. The other kids are all moving up and it feels like he is left behind, etc. So far he is doing soo much better this year!
I hope I made the right decision!