Friday, March 7, 2008

And we waited

So last week Crystal asked if I wouldn't mind watching her kids while she went to the hospital to have her baby. She was going to be induced on March 6th if she hadn't had her baby by then. I love having Caden and Sydney come over. They keep my kids busy, and it is so much fun to watch Gemma and Sydney play together. I hope they grow up together being best friends. Crystal and Shawn dropped the kids off around 9:30 in the morning, and the waiting began. We were all so excited to find out what this new baby was going to be. Here are some of the things we did to keep busy.


We played with the kitchen.


We had a picnic lunch.


Sometime around 2 o'clock Crystal called to let us know how things were going. She was doing well and was dialated to a 4, but that the nurse thought the baby would come by 5 o'clock, so we waited some more.


We sang some songs.




Caden & Tanner rowed across the big blue sea.


Around 7 o'clock we heard from Shawn. Crystal was only dialated to a 6, and wanted to see if the kids were ok staying the night. Absolutely, we love a great sleepover, but before we could go to sleep we needed to clean up from our day of fun.


I don't have an after shot because what's the point. It only stays clean for a couple of hours. After we cleaned up the boys laid down for a movie while the girls went to bed. It was sooo cute. There first little sleepover.





















Around 8:30 I called Shawn to find out if I should come to the hospital to get Caden's mouse out of their car. I was afraid that Caden would be up all night with out the mouse. Shawn answered the phone and shouted it's a boy! I thought he was messing around since I had just talked to him and Crystal was only at a six. I thought it was going to take all night. So not only did we go to the hospital to get the mouse. We also got to see their beautiful new baby boy,Thomas Dean. He was so cute. Congratulations! Thanks for letting us watch your kids. We had so much fun!

2 comments:

Staci said...

HOW FUN!!! You are so sweet to watch their kids & I am so excited that she had a BOY! I LOVE their 1st sleepover pics:) Did they end of spending the night after all?

Two little lovebirds said...

you are such an amazing friend to do that for them!!